Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finally! My cockatiel is laying eggs!

I just found out last saturday that my lutino cockatiel has 1 egg inside their nestbox. I do hope they could produce more than 3 eggs in their clutch. While the female tiel comes out from the nestbox to eat and bathe, the male would then take turn to get inside the box. They're so lovely to look at. I can just imagine the tension and thrill they've been through considering it's their first time to have babies (hopefully). It was such a big surprise though coz they're both 10months old all the while I thought it isn't possible to be able to produce eggs at a very young age. I hope and pray that there wont be any problems with their health as far as nesting is concern. Right now, I provide them lots of water, sunflower, cuttlebone for calcium and veggies.. Can't wait to see their baby tiels!!